When rushing my fourth new game in Starfield, I tried to roll a new universe seed that I needed — the one where I encounter myself. After seeing the ending cinematic for like 20 times, I decided to see whether it’s possible to skip the ending cutscene or to pick the universe I need.
The bad news is that it’s not possible to skip it. At least, I didn’t find a reliable method of doing so. But the good news is that you can choose the universe variant that will spawn once you start the new game after embracing the Unity. Here’s a step-by-step on how to do it.
Forcing the required universe variant to spawn
The variant of the universe that gets spawned depends on a few global variables, which are used when the One Small Step quest starts. We’re going to alter them just before.
- Activate the Unity, wait for the credits to start rolling and the hint to skip them to appear.
- Open the console (~).
set 17E727 to 100.
- Then, enter
set 1801B9 to X, where X is a number between 0 and 9, including. That’s the universe variant, explained below.
- Skip credits, proceed as usual.
The number mentioned on step 4 sets the desired variant of the universe, which can be:
- 0 — You meet the non-starborn version of yourself. You can convince them to join your crew, and thus you mentor yourself. There are no other members here.
- 1 — Same as 0, but all the members are here.
- 2 — Multiple versions of you hang out in the constellation. You can’t interact past the intro dialogue. There’s no way to kill them either. I’m not sure if there is more here.
- 3 — Andreja has taken over the place. She wants to take down the constellation. Killing her gives you her clothes.
- 4 — Walter Stroud buys up the place to sell you the artifacts for 100k. It doesn’t make a lot of sense, as he probably pays more to build The Eye. Killing him gives you his suit.
- 5 — You meet the hunter who has already killed everyone. He then gives you the artifacts.
- 6 — Cora Coe has come back as a starborn. She is here to avenge the death of her father.
- 7 — You meet Sarah at the door, but she is wounded. She seems upset, and you only find out that yourself is already here and has killed everyone. You have to fight a evil version of you.
- 8 — Children’s constellation — All members have disappeared, and only children are running the place. They just give you the artifacts.
- 9 — All the members of the Constellations have retired, and Sarah is a succulent. Or is she?
Post is based on the information by u/TiffanyGaming on Reddit.